MN Agri-Women to celebrate 15 years
Registration is now open for the 15th Annual Women’s Agricultural Leadership Conference set for Wednesday, April 10, in the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum in Chanhassen.
The theme of the conference is “You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet” – looking back on 15 years of leadership and learning opportunities offered to women in agriculture and looking forward to their future successes.
The conference draws men and women from all aspects of agriculture, including farmers, agribusiness representatives, college and high school students, FFA members, lending institutions, government agencies, academia, and others.
The day-long event will offer sessions on leadership, current events, and issues in agriculture and skill-building opportunities on a variety of topics, including:
- You Ain’t Seen Nothing Yet, the Future of Women in Agriculture – a panel discussion
- Farming in a World of Declining Renewable Resources
- Feeding the World by 2050: A Tremendous Opportunity
- On the Edge: How the Minnesota Department of Agriculture is Working with Farmers to Address Water Quality Concerns
- Growing Agricultural Literacy
- Managing Legal Risks in the Agribusiness Sector
Minnesota State FFA Secretary Sabrina Kieser will give the keynote address and Minnesota Agriculture Commissioner Dave Frederickson will recognize outstanding mentors in agriculture.
The conference begins with registration at 8 a.m. and ends at 4 p.m. The Minnesota Landscape Arboretum is located at 3675 Arboretum Drive, Chaska. Register at www.womensagleadership.org.