Murder charges filed in Red Lake reservation shootings
The FBI announced late this afternoon it has brought murder charges against two men still on the loose who are suspects in the fatal shooting Nov. 3 in Redby, Minn., on the Red Lake Indian Reservation that left one man dead and two wounded.
According to a news release issued Friday, Ralph Boelter, special agent in charge of the Minneapolis FBI office, said a complaint was filed Wednesday in federal court charging Donald Leigh Clark Jr., 22, of Redby and Cruze Anthony White, 22, also of Redby, each with one count of second-degree murder and two counts each of assault with intent to commit murder.
Until this week, only Clark had been charged by the feds, and only with being a felon in possession of a firearm, based on a previous probation violation.
White had been called only a "person of interest," in the case until being charged this week in absentia. Previously, the FBI said it did not know if White had fired shots.
The shooting on a Redby street took place in mid-afternoon Nov. 3 as men from two vehicles, who had been feuding for months, piled out holding firearms facing each other. When it was over moments later, it had left Julian DeMarrias, 22, of Redby, fatally wounded and his brothers, Jerrick DeMarrias, 19 and Orland Spears, 19, both of Redby, wounded by gunshots.
Witnesses to the shooting told the Herald shots were fired from the DeMarrias side, but the FBI has not confirmed that.
There has been no indication that Clark or White were wounded in the shooting.
Clark and White last were seen driving away from the shooting scene in a black GMC Yukon and have been on the lam since. They are considered armed and dangerous and the public should be cautious if they are seen. Call the FBI at (612) 376-3200.