Pine to Palm holes-in-one
1. Friday, July 26, 1935--Tom Hellander, Fargo, on the 215-yard 7th hole (club used not reported). He was playing Don Orman in a first flight consolation match and the ace was said to be "the first in several years" at the Detroit Country Club.
2. Wednesday, Aug. 14, 1946--Georgia Tainter Goff, Fargo, on the 161-yard 12th hole, using a 4-wood. The ace was made during qualifying and came in the final year the Pine to Palm Tournament had a women's division.
3. Friday, Aug. 15, 1952--Bud Nolan, Minneapolis, on the 165-yard 16th hole, using a 5-iron. Nolan was playing in the Sallie Flight and won his match over Dick James, also of Minneapolis, in 20 holes. A member of the Meadowbrook Golf Course, it was the second hole-in-one of his career.
4. Wednesday, Aug. 6, 1958--Andy Lindvig, Fargo, on the 179-yard 8th hole, using a 4-iron. Witnesses to the shot were Bob McCart, Hank Langager and Bill Fillmore.
5. Tuesday, Aug. 7, 1962--Jack McCuistion, Lincoln, Nebr., on the 179-yard 8th hole, using a 6-iron. The hole-in-one came during a qualifying round.
6. Thursday, Aug. 9, 1962--George Cram, Bismarck, N.D., on the 179-yard 8th hole, using a 4-iron. Cram, the North Dakota State Amateur Golf Tournament champion in 1961 and 1962, went on to defeat Carl Liebovich of Rockford, Ill., during the match when he had the ace.
7. Friday, Aug. 10, 1962--Frank Winsor, St. Paul, on the 179-yard 8th hole, using a 3-wood. Winsor went on to defeat Gordon Christopherson of Richfield in the match when he had the hole-in-one.
8. Thursday, Aug. 14, 1969--David Tweeton, Moorhead, on the 223-yard 3rd hole, using a 3-iron. Tweeton, playing a Palm Flight match against Dick Thomas of St. Louis Park, eventually lost the match. Other witnesses to the shot were Dr. John Goff of Fargo and Roger Anderson of Windom.
9. Friday, Aug. 14, 1970--Richard P. Anderson, Bremerton, Wash., on the 151-yard 14th hole, using a 7-iron. A lieutenant in the U.S. Navy, Anderson went on to defeat Bruce Aamoth in the match when he had the ace.
10. Wednesday, Aug. 8, 1973--Stuart Trenda, Owatonna, on the 151-yard 14th hole, using a 7-iron. Witnesses to the shot were Chuck Hyslop, John Rasmussen and Steve Gillam.
11. Wednesday, Aug. 8, 1973--Tom Huber, Minneapolis, on the 174-yard 8th hole, using a 5-iron. Witnesses to the hole-in-one were Bill Von Wald (who won the first of his three straight championships that year), Lyle Hornbacher and Jim Bergeson.
12. Friday, Aug. 12, 1977--Jay Paul Hornbacher, Walnut Creek, Calif., on the 174-yard 8th hole, using a 3-iron. He defeated Ken Crowell in the match, with other witnesses to the ace being Mark Farnam and Baldy Waldahl.
13. Monday, Aug. 7, 1978--John Wangberg, Moorhead, on the 151-yard 14th hole, using a 7-iron. The ace came during qualifying and was witnessed by Steve Bologna, Ted Hatlen and Thomas Ford.
14. Saturday, Aug. 11, 1979--Harold Haupt, Hopkins, on the 160-yard 17th hole, using a 4-iron. Haupt defeated Harold Swanson of St. Paul in a Lida Flight match when he got the ace.
15. Friday, Aug. 13, 1982--Bill Akins, Roseville, on the 223-yard 3rd hole, using a 5-wood. Witnesses to the ace were Larry Wentz, Charles Stone and Bill Fercho.
16. Wednesday, Aug. 10, 1983--Jim Dolan Jr., South St. Paul, on the 151-yard 14th hole, using an 8-iron. Dolan shot a two-under-par 33 on the back nine as he qualified for championship flight play. Witnesses were Dave Olson, Dave Adams and Tom Coates.
17. Wednesday, Aug. 8, 1984--Curt Bradford, Hutchinson, on the 151-yard 14th hole, using a 5-iron. The ace enabled Bradford to qualify for the championship flight, since he had a 36-hole score of 152 in qualifying and there was a playoff at 153 for title flight contestants. Witnesses to the hole-in-one were Greg Mattson, George Oftelie and Rob Polipnick.
18. Tuesday, Aug. 12, 1986--Trent Wilcox, Park Rapids, on the 223-yard 3rd hole, using a 2-iron. Witnesses were Gary Martinson, David Knutson and Steve Herron, along with ball spotter Tim Larson.
19. Friday, Aug. 15, 1986--Bruce Heysse, Wahpeton, N.D., on the 151-yard 14th hole, using an 8-iron. Witnesses included Don Neitzke, Steve Murdock and Joe Greenagel, along with ball spotter Tim Larson, who witnessed the Wilcox ace three days earlier.
20. Saturday, Aug. 13, 1988--Rudy Edwardson, Detroit Lakes, on the 174-yard 8th hole, using a 5-wood. The ace came in a match when Edwardson defeated Al Leighton of St. Cloud, a former owner of KDLM Radio in Detroit Lakes.
21. Tuesday, Aug. 8, 1989--Jeff Wilber, Miller, S.D., on the 223-yard 3rd hole, using a 2-iron. Witnesses to the ace included Joe Bofferding, John Sauer and Mark O'Brien.
22. Saturday, August 12, 1989--Rick Render, Bloomington, on the 151-yard 14th hole, using a 6-iron. Witnesses were Doug Elliott, Ron Gorg and Sean Gorg.
23. Saturday, Aug. 12, 1989--Ken Riesberg, Chagrin Falls, Ohio, on the 151-yard 14th hole, using a 6-iron. Witnesses were Dan Conley, Todd Hendricksen and Jeff Reinholdz.
24. Tuesday, Aug. 13, 1991--Steven Franke, LaCrosse, Wis., on the 160-yard 17th hole, using a 6-iron. Witnesses to the ace, which was made in qualifying play, were John Boerboon, Jeff Cooley and Tim King.
25. Tuesday, Aug. 13, 1996--Dan Johnson, Spring Lake Park, on the 174-yard 8th hole, using a 9-iron. Witnesses were Gregg Sorensen, Rick Kallhoff and Bill LeDoux.
26. Wednesday, Aug. 14, 1996--Jason Cordes, Perth, Australia, on the 213-yard 3rd hole, using a 4-iron. Witnesses included Scott Linnerooth, Dave Conzemius Jr., Michael Bindas, Jennifer Volkerding and Matt Geeslin.
27. Sunday, Aug. 18, 1996--Myles Bosch, Fargo, on the 213-yard 3rd hole, using a 2-iron. Witnesses were Steve Houghton, Marty Gompf, Jeff Abrahams and David Olson.
28. Tuesday, Aug. 10, 1999--Tim Rubis, Fargo, on the 213-yard 3rd hole, using a 3-iron.
29. Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2000--Ben Greve, Annandale, on the 160-yard 17th hole, using a 7-iron. Witnesses were Mike Stirling, Mark Boyle and Jim Strandemo.
30. Tuesday, Aug 7, 2007 -- Corey Schommer of Lakeville, Minnesota on hole #3, 222 yard shot using a 6 iron. Witnesses: Dustin Delmonico, Kevin Barr & Sean Ambrosie.
31. Thursday, Aug. 14, 2008 -- Terry Barnard of Moorhead, on hole 14, a 147-yard shot, using a 7 iron. Witnesses: Dick McConn, Ron Smedshammer, Mel Gauslow and Vivian Wenzel.
32. Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008 -- Eric Galt, Fargo, on the par 4, seventh hole using a driver. Witnesses: Abby Strauss, Jeff Skogmo, Rob Schultz, Jeff Thiege and Will Blasczyk.