Recipes wanted for Ulen cookbook
To celebrate Ulen's 125th Anniversary in 2011, a community cookbook will be printed. The Viking Sword Historical Society is organizing this project, and cookbooks should be ready for distribution by fall of 2010.
Whether you live in or near Ulen now or in the past, or if you have a special connection to the Ulen area, your recipes are welcome for the cookbook.
Please submit up to 6 favorite recipes for the cookbook and use these guidelines:
1. Type or write recipes clearly. Feel free to send recipes that are handwritten.
2. List all ingredients in order of use and directions. Include container sizes (e.g., 16-oz. pkg., 24-oz. can)
3. Keep directions in paragraph form.
4. Use names of ingredients in the directions, such as "Combine sugar and eggs."
5. Include temperature and cooking, chilling, baking, marinating, and/or freezing times.
6. Make sure to include ingredients, directions, contributor name, servings, and recipe title.
7. Your recipes should fit into the following categories: Appetizers & Beverages, Soups & Salads, Vegetables & Side Dishes, Main Dishes, Breads & Rolls, Desserts, Cookies & Candy, and This & That.
We may include a category for favorite Scandanavian recipes.
8. Feel free to include your connection to Ulen, such as "Class of '57" or "Grandchild of________"
You may submit your recipes for Ulen's 125th Anniversary Cookbook by sending them to P.O. Box 403, Ulen, MN 56585 or by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submitting recipes is March 1.
If you have any questions please contact Nellie Holm at 596-8166 or Janet Maesse at 596-8270.