Road closures in DL as Highway 10 project finishes up
9-17 road closures
As part of the Highway 10/Connect Detroit Lakes project, road closures on and around the new frontage road are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, Sept. 17-18, for paving operations.
Crews will pave the final layer of the frontage road, and finish its side street and driveway accesses. Access to businesses in the area will be maintained at all times.
Traffic impacts are sched-uled for the following times:
(Note: Times are approximate, and dependent on weather or other unforeseen issues.)
Wednesday, Sept. 17
- The north and south McKinley Avenue accesses to the frontage road, including the west Holmes Street access, will be closed 7 a.m. to noon.
- The north and south Roosevelt Avenue accesses to the frontage road will be closed 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and 4:30-8 p.m., to minimize traffic impacts during school rush hours.
- The north and south Jackson Avenue accesses to the frontage road will be closed and paved early in the day.
- Once the Jackson Avenue accesses are finished, they will open and the north and south Corbett Road accesses will close. Both intersections will be open by the end of the day.
The frontage road will remain open all day Wednesday.
Thursday, Sept. 18
- The frontage road from Frazee Street to Jackson Avenue will be closed 6:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Northbound and southbound traffic will be allowed through the Roosevelt Avenue intersection until 9 a.m. and again at 3-4:30 p.m., to minimize traffic impacts during school rush hours.
On Thursday and Friday, crews will finish paving the frontage road between Jackson Avenue and North Shore Drive. Traffic will be reduced to one lane and flaggers will direct traffic through the area.
The road closures are necessary to keep traffic from driving on freshly paved surfaces. Motorists should consider alternate routes, if possible.