Smashed windows at WE Fest
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, Aug. 8
- At 7:24 a.m. officers were called to a disturbance at The Depot where a woman was removed from the train for being disorderly.
- At 5:57 p.m. a call of property damage came in from the back parking lot of Essentia St. Mary’s in Detroit Lakes after a vehicle was reportedly damaged when another driver struck it and took off. There were witnesses at the scene.
- At 12:14 a.m. there was a report of a hit and run vehicle accident that occurred in the day parking lot of WE Fest.
- At 2:40 a.m. a call of property damage came in from the Eagle Campground of WE Fest, where somebody with a beer bottle smashed the windshield of a vehicle.
- At 7:06 a.m. officers responded to the 37000 block of County Road 158 where a mail box had been vandalized and threatening graffiti sprayed on it.
- At 9:11 a.m. a report of a smashed windshield came in from the Hilltop Campground of WE Fest.
- At 9:53 a.m. there was reported damage done to a vehicle involved in a hit and run incident at the Eagle Campground of WE Fest. There were no witnesses to that. Officers also responded to a chair on fire in the Oatfield Campground of WE Fest.
Saturday, Aug. 9
- At 2 p.m. a report of tipped portable toilets came in from both the Eagle and Hilltop campgrounds of WE Fest where multiple units were spilled over.
- At 10:31 a.m. officers responded to the 32000 block of southwest Pickerel Lake, where a burglary was reportedly. Medications (narcotics) were missing from the residence.
- At 10:40 a.m. a report of property damage came in from the Viking Campground of WE Fest, where somebody smashed a vehicle’s windshield with a beer bottle.
- At 11:11 p.m. officers responded to the day parking lot at WE Fest where there was an attempted break-in of a pickup that had been parked there. The door handles had been ripped off, but no entry was made.
Sunday, Aug. 10
- At 11:52 a.m. officers responded to the Perkins parking lot in Detroit Lakes where somebody reported tools and a duffle bag had been stolen out of the back of their pickup.
- At 5:08 p.m. a theft was called in from the 200 block of Broadway in Detroit Lakes where jewelry was reported stolen or missing from a residence.
- At 2:09 p.m. officers responded to a report of a theft at the parking lot of Domino’s in Detroit Lakes, where an unlocked vehicle had been entered and $350 cash stolen from the middle console sometime between 2 p.m. and 3 a.m.
- At 7:47 a.m. a theft was reported from the 700 block of West Holmes Street where a generator was stolen from a garage.
- At 1:26 p.m. officers responded to Lake Sallie Campground at WE Fest, where the stolen generator was located.
- At 2:15 p.m. officers responded to a call of arson at the Viking Campground, where somebody had lit a portable toilet on fire. They were then also called to the Eagle Campground where a similar incident occurred approximately 10 minutes later.
- At 2:36 p.m. officers responded to a weapons call at WE Fest where a man was walking around with a gun telling people he was “under cover” and dumping their drinks out.
- At 6:58 p.m. a hit and run accident was called in from the Eagle Campground. The vehicle was damaged but no one was injured.
- At 9:32 p.m. a call came in from the day parking lot of County Road 22 and 130th Avenue where a windshield was reportedly broken and the passenger door and mirror damaged.
- At 12:04 p.m. a theft of an iPhone 4 and iPod touch was reported at the Eagle Campground of WE Fest.
- At 5:53 p.m. there was a report of property damage at the Lake Sallie Campground where a fifth-wheel camper had its tire slashed.
Monday, Aug. 11
- At 9:04 a.m. officers responded to 240th avenue at County Road 110 where a stop sign there was torn down and run over.
- At 8:57 a.m. a call came in from 250th Avenue where road signs and mail boxes stretching to County Road 14 had been smashed and run over.
- At 11:25 a.m. officers responded to the DL Tobacco Shop where a customer accidentally left their credit card on the counter after making a purchase. When he went back to get it, the customer behind him had already reportedly taken it and eight minutes later was using it to make purchases.
- At 10:56 a.m. a report came in of a theft from the WE Fest VIP campground where a laptop was stolen from a pickup.
- At 6:27 p.m. officers responded to the 300 block of Main Avenue in Audubon where a snowmobile trailer was damaged and the window broken out of a plow pickup.
- At 9:50 p.m. a call of a burglary came in from the 12000 block of south Abbey Lake Drive in Lakeview Township where a house was reportedly entered and money stolen. How much was taken is not known.
Tuesday, Aug. 12
- At 6:40 a.m. officers responded to a report of a theft of a bike from the minimum security jail on Randolph Road in Detroit Lakes.