Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Space heater causes Frazee house fire

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Detroit Lakes,Minnesota 56501 http://www.dl-online.com/sites/all/themes/dlonline_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Detroit Lakes Online
Space heater causes Frazee house fire
Detroit Lakes Minnesota 511 Washington Avenue 56501

FRAZEE, Minn. – Blankets too close to a space heater started a house fire here Saturday night.

Fire crews from Perham, Vergas and Frazee responded to a house fire around 10:30 p.m at 51249 428th Ave. here. Saturday, after a resident awoke to find blankets near an infrared space heater had burst into flames, according to a press release from the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office. The resident was able to exit the home safely.

Crews extinguished the blaze, but the home sustained heavy fire damage in the lower level and smoke damage throughout. There was no evidence of foul play, the release said.

Advertisement
randomness