Transportation funds offered
The West Central Minnesota Area Transportation Partnership, based in Detroit Lakes, is seeking applications for the 2013 Transportation Enhancement Program.
About $600,000 is available for projects in Mahnomen, Clay, Becker, Wilkin, Otter Tail, Grant, Douglas, Stevens, Traverse, Pope, Big Stone and Swift counties. Projects require a 20 percent cash match.
Eligible projects are as follows:
- Pedestrian and bicycle facilities, and safety and education activities
- Acquiring scenic or historic easements and sites
- Scenic or historic highway programs, including tourist and welcome centers
- Landscaping and scenic beautification
- Historic preservation, including rehabilitation and operation of historic transportation buildings, structures or facilities
- Converting abandoned railway corridors to trails
- Inventory, control and removal of outdoor ads
- Archaeological planning and research
- Mitigation of runoff pollution and provision of wildlife connectivity
- Transportation museums.
There will be a workshop from 10 a.m. to noon Sept. 26 at West Central Initiative, 1000 Western Ave., Fergus Falls, to answer questions and help complete applications.
Applications and aid will be provided by:
- Justin Kristan at Fargo-Moorhead Council of Governments, (701) 232-3242 or
email@example.com, for the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- Wayne Hurley at West Central Initiative, (800) 735-2239 or firstname.lastname@example.org, for Clay, Becker, Wilkin, Otter Tail, Grant, Douglas, Stevens, Traverse and Pope counties.
- Mathew Dyrdahl at Headwaters Regional Development Commission, (218) 444-4732 or email@example.com, for Mahnomen County.
- Dawn Hegland at Upper Minnesota Valley Regional Development Commission, (320) 289-1981 or dawn.
firstname.lastname@example.org, for Big Stone and Swift counties.
For more information, call Jody Martinson, Minnesota Department of Transportation District 4 Planner at (218) 846-7964 or e-mail jody.
Application deadline is Nov. 21.