Friday, Feb. 14
- Valentine’s Day Dance: 7:30 to 11 p.m., Eagles Club, 112 Holmes St. West, Detroit Lakes. Celebrate Valentine’s Day at the Eagles Club, dancing to the music of Hatfield Bay. You may also purchase a $5 cupcake for a chance to win $50 in cash. Proceeds will go to the Becker County Food Pantry. Info: Betty at 218-847-5670 or Eagles Club at 847-5267.
- 38 Special: 8 p.m., 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Southern rock icons perform their greatest hits and more; tickets are $15. Info: 800-313-7469 or www.starcasino.com.
- “He Said, She Said”: 7:30 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Pat Hazell and Karen Morgan give humorous advice on life, love and relationships. Tickets are $22 for adults, $11 for students. Info: 218-844-7469 or www.dlccc.org.
- Ice Tee Golf: 1 p.m., Little Detroit Lake across from Zorbaz, 402 West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes. Noon lunch for participants followed by nine holes of golf on the ice. Call 218-844-4221 x120 to register your team.
Saturday, Feb. 15
- Polar Fest 2014: 7 a.m. Polar Pancake & French Toast Feed, the Pavilion; 8 a.m., ULTRA Snowmobile Club Vintage Rally & Swap Meet, City Beach; 9 a.m., Freeze Your Buns 5K Run/Walk, Detroit Lakes Community & Cultural Center; 10 a.m., Family Snow Games; 11 a.m., Youth Fishing Derby; 11 a.m. Plunge Party; 1 p.m., Polar Fest Plunge; 2:30 p.m., Bean Bag Tournament; 6 p.m. Tailgating on the Lake; 7 p.m. Frozen Fireworks; 9 p.m. Polaritaville Dance at Zorbaz; 9:30 p.m. Wrap Party at Holiday Inn.
- Jelloslave: 7:30 p.m., 24 Main Ave. N., New York Mills. Eclectic quartet presents a mixture of musical styles; tickets $15 at the door. Info: 218-385-3339.
- Cruise Control: 9 p.m., Zorbaz, 402 West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes. Part of the Polaritaville Dance hosted by the Lakes Area Parrot Heads.
- Slamabama: 9:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Lounge, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Part of Polar Fest Wrap-Up Party.
Sunday, Feb. 16
- Polar Fest 2014: 1 p.m., Skating with Polar Pete, Peoples Park; 3 p.m., Concordia College Choir Concert, Holy Rosary Church; 5:30 p.m., “That’s Amore” Italian Wine Dinner, Lodge on the Lake; 7 p.m., Live at the Lodge with the Dave Ferreira Trio, Lodge on the Lake.
Monday, Feb. 17
- Olympic Curling Open House: 7 to 9 p.m., Lakes Curling Club, 506 Hwy 59 North, Detroit Lakes. No experience necessary; club members will be on hand for information and instruction. Free admission; open to the public. Info: 218-847-8186.
*** The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in both the Detroit Lakes Tribune. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at firstname.lastname@example.org.