Thursday, March 20
- Grease: 7 p.m., George Simson Auditorium, Detroit Lakes Middle School. Classic rock musical tells the tale of when Sandy met Danny. Tickets are available at Central Market. Info: 218-847-4491.
- Circle Time Under the Pines: 10:30 a.m., Itasca State Park, 36750 Main Park Drive, Park Rapids. Children 2-5 years old, come explore and have fun at Itasca as we learn about this month’s subject through stories, songs, crafts, and outdoor discovery. Bring your winter outdoor clothes (including snow pants and boots)...if weather permits, part of the program will be exploring the outdoors. Free admission. Info: 218-699-2751.
Friday, March 21
- Grease: 7 p.m., George Simson Auditorium, Detroit Lakes Middle School. See Thursday’s listing for details.
- Neal Mccoy: 8 p.m., Shooting Star Casino Event Center, 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Chart-topping country singer performs his hits. Tickets start at $10. Info: 800-313-7469.
- Galactic Cowboy Orchestra: 7:30 p.m., Cultural Center, 24 Main Ave. N., New York Mills. Guitar, fiddle, bass and drum ensemble performs an eclectic mixture of tunes. Tickets are $12 advance reservation or $15 at the door. Student admission is always $5. Doors open at 6:30. Info: 218-385-3339.
- Keeping History Alive: 7 p.m., Becker County Museum, 714 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Fundraiser for the Becker County Historical Society will include a live and silent auction, hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar. Proceeds will go toward the museum’s ongoing project to preserve local newspapers on microfilm. Tickets are $30. Info: 218-847-2938.
Saturday, March 22
Musical Comedy: 8 p.m., Frazee Event Center, 114 Lake Street NE, Frazee. A musical comedy with audience interaction. The Crazy Keys Dueling Piano Show features comedians & musicians Rob Vacanti and John Griggs. The show is for all ages. Tickets are $12 and may be purchased at the Frazee City Office, Frazee Liquor Store, Yak-Shack, BackYard Station or by calling 850-0216. Info: 218-334-3423.
Grease: 7 p.m., George Simson Auditorium, Detroit Lakes Middle School. See Thursday’s listing for details.
- Sweet Colleens: 7:30 p.m., Top Hat Theatre, Ulen-Hitterdal School, Ulen. Hear some fine Celtic music performed by the Twin Cities quintet, The Sweet Colleens. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for students (through college level). Info: 218-596-8853.
- Tune in Tokyo: 9 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Info: 218-847-2121.
- Lake Region Builders Association Home & Sports Show: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Kent Freeman Arena, 1310 Rossman Ave., Detroit Lakes. Saturday seminars: 10:30 a.m., Jay’s Garden Boutique; 11:30 a.m., Seven Sisters Spirits Wine Tasting; 1:30 p.m. Coooking Demo with Amy Thielen from the Food Network TV show “Heartland Table”; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Youth Archery Shoot with Jeremy Elbert, from the TV show “Wildlife Pursuit,” for kids under 13 (must be accompanied by an adult). There will also be lots of silent auction items with proceeds going to fund local scholarships. Admission $5 for adults, free for children age 17 and under. Info: 218-844-0699.
- Women of Today Craft & Vendor Show: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Washington Square Mall, 800 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Stock up on those extra special treasures that are needed to keep your home running smoothly. Info: Jennifer Winn, 218-849-1590.
- Spring Fashion Show: 11 a.m., Washington Square Mall, 800 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Free admission. Info: 218-847-1679.
- Cheese Making Class: 1 to 4 p.m., The Creamery, 102 E. Centennial Drive, New York Mills. Bruce Engebretson, Osage, will cover the basics of cheesemaking in this Continental Divide Folk School class. Participants will learn how to make queso fresco and cottage cheese as well as a tomme cheese; $25 fee includes materials. Info: 218-385-3339.
Sunday, March 23
- Lake Region Builders Association Home & Sports Show: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Kent Freeman Arena, 1310 Rossman Ave., Detroit Lakes. Sunday Seminars: 11:30 a.m. Jay’s Garden Boutique; 1 p.m. Jeremy Elbert Wildlife Pursuit Seminar; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Youth Archery Shoot with Jeremy Elbert, from TV show “Wildlife Pursuit,” for kids under 13 (must be accompanied by adult). There will also be lots of silent auction items with proceeds going to fund local scholarships. Admission $5 for adults, free for children age 17 and under. Info: 218-844-0699.
***The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in the Detroit Lakes Tribune. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at email@example.com.