Wednesday, May 7
- Whiskers, Wags & Wine: 4 to 8 p.m., Seven Sisters Spirits, 15275 S. Melissa Dr.; Detroit Lakes. Wine tasting, light hors d’oeuvres, music and silent auction to help raise funds and awareness for the Marshmallow Foundation’s programs and services for homeless pets. Tickets $25. Info: Sue Fiste, 218-847-9040.
Thursday, May 8
- Dance Party for All Ages: 7 to 9 p.m., The Pavilion, 1361 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Kairos Alive Dance Hall featuring gypsy jazz band Carluster Crumplebee Orchestra. Light refreshments will be served. Info: Heather ZInger 503-703-0305.
- Scottish Balladeer Norman Kennedy: 7:30 p.m., Cultural Center, 24 Main Ave., N., New York Mills. Tickets $12 in advance, $15 at the door. Info: 218-385-3339.
- The Refuge/Compassion House Fundraiser: 6:30 to 9 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Fellowship 6:30-7 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. served by St. Mary’s of the Lakes; music provided by Mark Kaiser, Peggy Cummings and Aleisa Jopp. Tickets are $13 in advance or $15 at the door; available at The Refuge & Helping Hands Thrift Store. Also, purchase a chance to win a log Adirondack bench & table set made at The Refuge Carpenter Shop. Info: 218-847-1982.
Friday, May 9
- Engelbert Humperdinck: 8 p.m., Shooting Star Casino. 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Legendary vocalist and entertainer performs his hits and more; tickets start at $20. Info: 800-313-7469.
Saturday, May 10
- Live at the Lodge: 7 to 10 p.m., Best Western Premier Lodge on the Lake, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Featuring modern jazz music by The Elevators, a Fargo-based smooth jazz quartet. No cover charge. Info: 218-847-8439.
- Tim Eggebraaten: 9 to 11 p.m., Holiday Inn, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Live music by DL’s own “singing police chief.” Info: 218-847-2121.
- Spring Vendor Blender & Craft Show: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Holiday Inn, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Free Admission. Over 40 vendors. Over $1,000 in door prizes. Info: Michelle, 218-841-7872.