Wednesday, May 14
- Cruise DL Night: 4 to 8 p.m., West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes. Bring your custom cruiser down to the lake to connect with others who have the same enthusiasm for old cars; or, if you don’t have one of your own, just come to admire the beauty of a well-preserved vintage vehicle. Info: 218-847-9202.
Thursday, May 15
- Parkfest 2014: 4 to 7 p.m., The Pavilion, 1361 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. A free picnic and community celebration in the DL City Park and Pavilion. Arvig is sponsoring big, inflatable bouncy games and bounce castle and slide for the kids. Info: 218-847-9202.
- Festival of Birds: 1 to 7:30 p.m., various Detroit Lakes area locations. Detroit Lakes’ annual celebration of all things avian kicks off with a variety of activities at the Maplelag Resort outside Callaway, and a special wine-tasting event at Richwood Winery. Info: 218-847-9202.
- “A Mighty Fortress Is Our Basement”: 2 and 7:30 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Fourth installment in the Church Basement Ladies’ musical theater series. Tickets are $26 for adults and $13 for students. Info: 218-844-7469.
Friday, May 16
- Festival of Birds: 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., various Detroit Lakes area locations. Detroit Lakes’ annual celebration of all things avian continues with field trips to Hamden Slough, a local prairie chicken blind and more, as well as a special wine and beer tasting event at Seven Sisters Spirits and a dinner and program at Meadows on Lind. Info: 218-847-9202.
Saturday, May 17
- Festival of Birds: 5:15 a.m. to 8 p.m., various Detroit Lakes area locations. Detroit Lakes’ annual celebration of all things avian continues with field trips to Tamarac Refuge, Rainbow Resort and more, as well as a Birder’s Bazaar, silent auction, lunch and free workshops at M State College, which will also host the evening dinner and program. Info: 218-847-9202.
- Q5 Band: 9 to 11 p.m., Holiday Inn, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Live music. Info: 218-847-2121.
- Shriners Parade: 1:30 to 2 p.m., Fair Hills Resort, 24270 County Highway 20, Detroit Lakes. In celebration of the 125th anniversary of the El Zagel, the Shriner’s will be having a parade that is free and open to the public.
Sunday, May 18
- Big & Rich: 6 p.m., Shooting Star Casino, 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Superstar country duo performs. Info: 800-313-7469.