Update: Children with matches start house on fire
A Detroit Lakes family lost their rented home to fire Monday due to preschool children playing with matches.
The fire started in a bedroom and spread to the rest of the house on the 1100 block of Wilson Avenue, according to Detroit Lakes Assistant Fire Chief Scott Flynn.
"It started with preschool kids playing with matches. They lit a bedroom on fire and it continued on to the rest of the house," he said.
Are you a newspaper subscriber but you don't have a Digital Access account yet? https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=40&event=subscriber/lookup.
You will need your subscription account number and phone number. Not sure if you have an account? Email us at email@example.com and we can help you.