This Week in Entertainment
Saturday, Sept. 7
- Island Time: 2 p.m., Zorbaz, 402 West Lake Drive, Detroit Lakes. After-party for Beardsley Run participants. No cover charge. Info: 218-847-5305.
- Grape Stomp Festival: 1 to 7 p.m., Richwood Winery, 27799 County Highway 34, Richwood. Craft and food vendors, live music from Tucker’d Out, wine tasting and a grape stomping competition starting at 3:30 p.m. Awards for best stompers and best costumes will be given at 4:45 p.m. Info: 218-844-5990.
- Dick Beardsley Run: 8:30 a.m., Detroit Lakes Pavilion. Half-marathon, two-person relay and 5K walk/run competitions begin in front of the Pavilion and proceed through downtown Detroit Lakes and around the lake before ending at the City Park. Race packets may be picked up on Friday evening from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. or early Saturday morning beginning at 7 a.m. at the Pavilion. You may also register at those same dates and times. Info: Kim Bettcher, 218-844-4221, ext. 108 or dickbeardsleyrun.com.
- Early Birding Adventures: 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge, Rochert. Join resident volunteer Judy Bell for a beginning birding tour. Find out the inside scoop on Tamarac’s fall hotspots. Do you live here year-round? Judy will be able to fill you in on spring birding areas as well. Learn to identify 20 species. Binoculars and guide books will be provided. Chippewa Picnic Area located on County Highway 26, three miles east of the visitor center for this early fall adventure. Free admission. Info: 218-847-2641.
- “No Mercy” MMA Cage Fights: 7:30 to 11:30 p.m., Kent Freeman Arena, 1310 Rossman Ave., Detroit Lakes. Doors open at 6 p.m. Fight card features Brian Heden, Kyler Wegner, Ben Anderson, Kody Sorenson, Anthony Caputo, Shane Nelson, Zach Sullinger and more. General admission tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door. Floor seats are $25 in advance, $30 at the door. Table seating available for groups up to 10. Call 1-218-298-2413 for tickets or Chris Holt, 218-841-0917 for more information.
Sunday, September 8
- Vendor Appreciation Flea Market: 6:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., Shady Hollow Flea Market, Highway 59 South, Detroit Lakes. Last flea market of the season; vendors may set up for free. Come out and find the best bargains on the treasures you have kept your eye on this past summer. Info: Chad Stenerson, 602-809-6661.
***The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in both the Detroit Lakes Tribune and Becker County Record. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at email@example.com.
Follow @DLNewspapers on Twitter