This Week in Entertainment
Thursday, Jan. 16
- Tracy Lawrence: 7:30 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Country star performs an acoustic show including a mix of new and familiar hits. Tickets are $30 for adults, $15 for students. Info: 218-844-7469 or www.dlccc.org.
Friday, Jan. 17
- Williams & Ree: 8 p.m., Shooting Star Casino, 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Comedy duo Bruce Williams & Terry Ree, often referred to as “The Indian & the White Guy,” will bring 40 years of humor to the Event Center stage. Tickets start at $10. Info: 800-313-7469 or starcasino.com.
- Country Twirlers Square Dance: 7:30 to 10 p.m., IOOF Hall, 118 W. Holmes St, Detroit Lakes.
Saturday, Jan. 18
- Tim Eggebraaten: 9 to 11 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Info: 218-847-2121.
- Live at the Lodge: 6 to 9 p.m., Best Western Premier Lodge on the Lake, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Jazz music by the David Ferreira Trio, featuring Russ Peterson on saxophone. No cover charge. Info: 218-847-8439.
- Snowmobile Drag Races: 12 to 8 p.m., Big Detroit Lakes in front of the Holiday Inn, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. “Pro Ice Shootout” co-hosted by Shooting Star Casino. Info: Danny, 701-305-0119 or www.minot660iceracers.com.
- Beer Bust & Bingo: 4 to 7 p.m., Bleachers Bar & Grill, 25807 County Highway 22, Detroit Lakes. Hosted by DL Breakfast Rotary. Bingo played “Let’s Make a Deal” style. Proceeds to benefit local Rotary projects. Info: Kathy, 218-847-7459.
- Lantern Lit Snowshoe Hike: 5 to 7:30 p.m., Schoolcraft Trail, Itasca State Park. Snowshoe at your own pace along the kerosene lantern lit route during this drop-in program. For added fun, bring along your s’mores fixings or hot dogs for cooking at the campfire. Limited snowshoes will be available. Dress according to the weather. In case of poor weather, event will be canceled. Free admission. Info: 218-699-7251.
Sunday, Jan. 19
- Penny Floor Community Work Day: 2 to 5 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Bring your penny bank, come listen to some music, lay some pennies and have a little fun helping the theater complete its historic community art project in time for the start of Polar Fest. Info: Becky Mitchell, 218-844-4221, ext. 117.
- Snowmobile Drag Races: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Big Detroit Lakes in front of the Holiday Inn, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. See Saturday’s listing for details.
- Canadian Senior Ladies Bonspiel: Lakes Curling Club, 505 N. Highway 59, Detroit Lakes. Info: 218-847-8186.
***Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at firstname.lastname@example.org.