This Week in Entertainment
Thursday, Jan. 23
- Circle Time Under the Pines: 10:30 to 11:15 a.m., Jacob Brower Visitor Center, Itasca State Park. Children 2-5 years old, come explore and have fun at Itasca as we learn about this month’s subject through stories, songs, crafts and out door discovery. Bring your winter outdoor clothes. Adults must accompany children. Consider bringing a picnic lunch and enjoy your noon meal around the fireplace in the visitor center lobby after the program. Info: 218-699-7251.
Friday, Jan. 24
- Scott Hansen: 7:30 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Five time Minnesota Comedian of the Year award-winner performs, with special guest Pete Borchers. Tickets are $10. Info: 218-844-7469 or dlccc.org.
- Ecumen Foundation Charity Benefit: 5:30 to 11 p.m., Holiday Inn, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Join us to celebrate 50 years of service and help reach a $50,000 goal for a matching grant awarded by the Otto Bremer Foundation. Sponsorship levels available. Tickets are $50, or $450 for a reserved table of eight. Info: Sandy Lia, 218-844-8340.
Saturday, Jan. 25
- A Night with Mike Holtz: 9 to 11 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Info: 218-847-2121.
- Outdoor Enthusiasts Show: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Washington Square Mall, 800 Washington Ave., Detroit Lakes. Info: 218-847-1679.
- Penny Floor Community Work Day: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Bring your penny bank, come listen to some music, lay some pennies and have a little fun helping the theater complete its historic community art project in time for the start of Polar Fest. Info: Becky Mitchell, 218-844-4221, ext. 117.
Sunday, Jan. 25
- Holmes Jam Session with Traditional Fiddler Pam Longtine: 2 to 5 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre Ballroom, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Free and open to all area musicians. Info: 218-844-7469 or dlccc.org.
***Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at firstname.lastname@example.org.