This Week in Entertainment
Sunday, June 16
- The Castaway with Denny Craswell: 5 to 8 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 E., Detroit Lakes. Live patio music; no admission fee. Info: 218-847-2121.
- “Butterfly Kisses & Wetland Jewels”: 2 p.m., Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge, 35704 County Highway 26, Rochert. John Weber, butterfly enthusiast and citizen scientist, offers an intriguing look into the world of butterflies and dragonflies. Meet at the Chippewa Picnic Area. The group will carpool to specific viewing sites in search of these beauties of summer. Info: 218-847-2641.
Tuesday, June 18
- Mark Fogelson: 7 to 9 p.m., City Park Bandshell, Detroit Lakes. Come early for a community picnic provided by Habitat for Humanity; free will donations gratefully accepted. No admission fee. Info: 218-844-7469.
- Hootenanny & Smorgasbord: 6 to 10 p.m., Fair Hills Resort, 24270 County Road 20, Detroit Lakes. Join the staff of Fair Hills Resort in celebrating its’ 49th year of summer musical entertainment — and be sure to bring your appetite. Cost is $24 for adults, $16 for kids age 6-12, $8 for kids age 1-5. Info: 218-847-7638.
Wednesday, June 19
- Turtle Fest: 12 to 4 p.m., downtown Perham. Train rides, turtle races, sidewalk chalk art contest, “Family Garden Party” at the History Museum, pork chops and ice cream for lunch. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
Thursday, June 20
- Turtle Fest: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., downtown Perham.Train rides, street fair food, dog expo, toy demonstration, puppet show and a presentation of the musical “The Cotton Club,” featuring local skits. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
- Ed Huttlin: 5 to 8 p.m., Lodge on the Lake, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Pianist performs; free and open to the public. Info: 218-847-8439.
Saturday, June 22
- Summer Solstice Festival: 1 to 7 p.m., Richwood Winery, 27799 County Highway 34, Richwood. Live music by Tucker’d Out, local, handmade crafts for sale, chair massages by massage therapist Sue Holt, food catered by Pam’s Salsa, door prizes, and of course, an opportunity to sample some of the winery’s finest vintages. Receive a free Richwood Summer Solstice glass with the purchase of a glass of wine. Info: 218-844-5990 or richwoodwinery.com.
- Turtle Fest: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., downtown Perham. Arts festival, craft vendors, “golf ball drop” at Lakeside Golf Course, water wars, demo derby and more. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre Presents “The Princess & the Pea”: 10:30 a.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. See Friday’s listing for details.
- Brian Howey: 8 to 10 p.m., Spanky’s Stone Hearth, 34785 County Road 4, Vergas. Local guitarist performs. Info: 218-334-3555.
- The Castaway with Denny Craswell: 5 to 8 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 E., Detroit Lakes. See today’s (Sunday) listing for details.
- Q5 Band: 9:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 E., Detroit Lakes. Rock music. Info: 218-847-2121.