This Week in Entertainment
Wednesday, June 19
- Turtle Fest: 12 to 4 p.m., downtown Perham. Train rides, turtle races, sidewalk chalk art contest, “Family Garden Party” at the History Museum, pork chops and ice cream for lunch. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
- Ballroom Dancing: 7 to 9 p.m., VFW, 308 Sheyenne St., West Fargo. A 30-minute rumba lesson followed by open dancing and pizza. Admission is $5 for members, $10 for nonmembers. Info: 701-293-8306.
Thursday, June 20
- Turtle Fest: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., downtown Perham.Train rides, street fair food, dog expo, toy demonstration, puppet show and a presentation of the musical “The Cotton Club,” featuring local skits. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
- Ed Huttlin: 5 to 8 p.m., Lodge on the Lake, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Pianist performs; free and open to the public. Info: 218-847-8439.
Friday, June 21
- Roy Clark: 8 p.m., Shooting Star Casino, 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Legendary guitar player, entertainer and singer, known best for his stint as the host of the television variety show “Hee Haw,” performs his hits and more. Tickets start at $15. Info: 800-313-7469 or www.starcasino.com.
- Meet the Authors-Gerald Anderson and William Kent Krueger: 1:30 to 4 p.m., Book World, 815 Washington Avenue, Detroit Lakes. The two Minnesota authors plan to meet with fans and sign copies of their books; Gerald Anderson will be on hand starting at 1:30 p.m., and William Kent Krueger will be at the store from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Info: 218-847-0133.
Saturday, June 22
- Summer Solstice Festival: 1 to 7 p.m., Richwood Winery, 27799 County Highway 34, Richwood. Live music by Tucker’d Out, local, handmade crafts for sale, chair massages by massage therapist Sue Holt, food catered by Pam’s Salsa, door prizes, and of course, an opportunity to sample some of the winery’s finest vintages. Receive a free Richwood Summer Solstice glass with the purchase of a glass of wine. Info: 218-844-5990 or richwoodwinery.com.
- Turtle Fest: 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., downtown Perham. Arts festival, craft vendors, “golf ball drop” at Lakeside Golf Course, water wars, demo derby and more. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
- Festival of Authors & Artists: 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sister Wolf Books, 20471 Highway 226, Dorset. More than 30 Midwest and Minnesota authors will be on hand to read selections from their work, sign copies of their books and meet with fans. There will also be a juried art show and live music on the boardwalk throughout the day, and several Dorset businesses will offer specials. Info: 218-732-7565 or www.sisterwolfbooks.com.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre Presents “The Princess & the Pea”: 10:30 a.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. See Friday’s listing for details.
- Brian Howey: 8 to 10 p.m., Spanky’s Stone Hearth, 34785 County Road 4, Vergas. Local guitarist performs. Info: 218-334-3555.
- The Castaway with Denny Craswell: 5 to 8 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 E., Detroit Lakes. Live patio music; no admission fee. Info: 218-847-2121.
- Q5 Band: 9:30 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 E., Detroit Lakes. Rock music. Info: 218-847-2121.
Sunday, June 23
- Turtle Fest: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., downtown Perham. Legion baseball, Heavenly Hackers golf tournament, Rotary breakfast at Lakes Café and more. Full schedule at www.perhamlions.com.
- Amber Schwarzrock: 7:30 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Frazee native performs “From Mozart to Broadway,” a selection of everything from Mozart arias to Broadway musical numbers, with special guest singer Brian Wallin and pianist Paul Heisler. Tickets are $15 for adults, free for students. Info: 218-844-7469 or www.dlccc.org.
- The Castaway with Denny Craswell: 5 to 8 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 E., Detroit Lakes. See Saturday’s listing for details.
***The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in both the Detroit Lakes Tribune and Becker County Record. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at email@example.com.