Thursday, November 7
- “Peter Pan”: 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. An adapted version of J.M. Barrie’s classic children’s tale, performed by New York City’s Theatreworks USA, “Peter Pan” empowers children to create their own world of make-believe. As the children fly to Neverland and escape the evil Captain Hook and Mr. Smee, they recognize the importance of friendship as well as the value of being part of a family. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students. Info: 218-844-7469 or www.dlccc.org.
Friday, November 8
- Rick Springfield: 8 p.m., Shooting Star Casino, 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Australian pop/rock superstar performs his greatest hits and more. Tickets start at $20. Info: 800-313-7469.
- “Crazy for You”: 7:30 p.m., George Simson Auditorium, Detroit Lakes Middle School. See Thursday’s listing for details.
Saturday, November 9
- “A Tribute to the ’50s and ’60s”: 8 p.m., Event Center, 114 Lake St., Frazee. Presented by the Shadows Tribute Band. Tickets are $18 in advance, $22 at the door. Info: 218-334-4991.
- Live at the Lodge: 7 to 9 p.m., Best Western Premier Lodge on the Lake, 1200 East Shore Drive, Detroit Lakes. Featuring the Dave Ferreira Trio. No cover charge; open to the public as well as to hotel guests. Info: 218-847-8439.
- Winter Craft & Vendor Show: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Washington Square Mall, Detroit Lakes. The Detroit Lakes Women of Today host this holiday gift shopping extravaganza, with proceeds benefiting organizations and charities throughout the community. Breakfast will also be available at the Eagles Club (located in the mall building) beginning at 8 a.m., for a free will donation. A free fall and winter fashion show begins at noon. Info: Robin Smith, 701-388-7321.
*** The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in the Detroit Lakes Tribune. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at email@example.com.