Friday, March 14
- St. Patrick’s Spirit Tasting: 4 to 7 p.m., Seven Sisters Spirits, 25275 South Melissa Drive, Detroit Lakes. Sample holiday spirits from 4 to 7 p.m. and listen to live music from 5 to 6:30 p.m. by Mike Gilson, formerly of the Unbelievable Uglies and Friendship. Info: 218-847-2337.
Saturday, March 15
- Lucky Leprechaun 5K Fun Run: 9 to 11 a.m., Detriot Lakes Community & Cultural Center, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Support girls of the Detroit Lakes Track team heading to Australia to participate in the Down Under Sports event by taking part in this fun event for the whole family. Cost is $16. Info: 218-844-4221.
- St. Patrick’s Dance: 6:30 to 11 p.m., Eagles Club, 112 Holmes Street West, Detroit Lakes. There will be auction items with all proceeds matched dollar for dollar going to the Becker County Food Pantry, as well as a buffet with serving from 2 p.m. until the food is gone. Info: Betty, 218-847-5670, Eagles Club 847-5267.
- Learn to Spin: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cultural Center, 24 Main Ave. N., New York Mills. Led by master spinner and weaver Bruce Engebretson. Info: 218-385-3339.
- Rock Paper Scissors: 9 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar & Grill, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Info: 218-847-2121.
***The Entertainment Calendar appears weekly in the Detroit Lakes Tribune. Submissions, questions and corrections (labeled “Entertainment Calendar”) may be sent by fax, 218-847-9409, by mail to Detroit Lakes Newspapers, 511 Washington Ave., P.O. Box 826, Detroit Lakes, MN 56502, or by e-mail to Vicki Gerdes at email@example.com.