Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

Woman dies, 7 ill from carbon monoxide poisoning near Bemidji

BEMIDJI -- A 50-year-old woman was found dead Saturday morning, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning, in a Frohn Township residence, Beltrami County Sheriff Phil Hodapp said in a news release.

Three others in the residence were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis.

At 8:55 a.m. Saturday, the Beltrami County Sheriff's Office responded to a call for assistance for an unknown medical crisis at a residence on Popple Drive Southeast in Frohn Township.

Gary Wayne Jennings, 20, had returned home to find his family unconscious inside the residence and called for assistance. Deputies arrived to find several occupants suffering from apparent exposure to carbon monoxide.

As deputies and first responders, with additional assistance from Bemidji Fire and Rescue and Bemidji Ambulance, began searching the scene, they found Colleen Lynn Jennings, who was dead, and three other individuals who were in severe distress.

Vincent Paul Beyl, 57, Emma Lee Jennings, 24, and Christopher Daniel Crew, 30, were transported to North County Regional Hospital, with assistance from Southside Towing. They were subsequently transferred to Hennepin County Medical Center by North Air Ambulance and Bemidji Ambulance.

Gary Wayne Jennings was admitted to North Country Regional Hospital for treatment. Three Beltrami County deputies were also treated at the hospital for exposure to the poison gas.

Members from the Bemidji Fire Department and an inspector from Minnesota Energy are assisting the Beltrami County Sheriff's Office with the investigation.

Advertisement
randomness