Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Woman rescued from second floor of burning home southeast of Breckenridge

Email News Alerts

CAMPBELL, Minn. - Firefighters rescued a woman who was trapped in her second-floor bedroom during a house fire here this morning.

Susan Germundson, 34, called 911 at 4:24 a.m. to report that her home at 421 4th St. was full of smoke and she was unable to get out of the bedroom. She was the only occupant, according to a news release from the Wilkin County Sheriff's Office.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The Campbell Fire Department responded and rescued Germundson. She was treated at the scene and taken to St. Francis Medical Center in Breckenridge. A condition report wasn't available.

Two dogs also were rescued from the home.

Firefighters were still on scene at 6:15 a.m. Campbell Fire Chief Errow Hensch said it appears the fire started near the electrical service panel, but no cause had been determined, the news release stated.

Campbell is about 15 miles southeast of Breckenridge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness