Small fire breaks out at Lakeshirts
A small fire broke out this morning at Lakeshirts in Detroit Lakes.
Detroit Lakes Police Chief Kel Keena said that the fire likely was started in a dryer near the back of the main building by the loading docks.
It's been contained and the Detroit Lakes Fire Department is wrapping up operations.
Fire Chief Jeff Swanson said that three-fourths of the building was operational while the fire was being put out.
"(They're) very lucky from what it could've been," Swanson said.
No injuries have been reported yet and a damage estimate isn't available, but there is no damage visible from the outside besides a small pile of burnt cloth.
There was a noticeable acrid stench recognizable as coming from an electrical fire lingering around.
Swanson said that the biggest loss for Lakeshirts is the damage to the large industrial dryer and clothes that were smoke damaged.