This Week in Entertainment
Friday, Feb. 21
- D3 — Dinner, Dance & Dad: 6 to 10 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Daddy’s Little Sweetheart is growing up! Geared for girls 11-16 and their dad, grandfather, uncle or special friend, the night features a grand march on the Theatre stage and a formal meal served family style. Keynote speaker Siri Freeh (Miss Minnesota 2012) will be sharing life lessons & you can learn the waltz or fox trot from Mari Radke and then dance the night away to current hits. Info: 218-844-7469.
- Steve Hall & Shotgun Red: 8 p.m., 777 Casino Road, Mahnomen. Ten years on TNN’s “Nashville Now,” 8 years on “Hee Haw,”, 14 years on the “General Jackson Showboat” Nashville. It’s not a puppet show. It’s a great show with a puppet.Info: 800-313-7469 or www.starcasino.com.
Saturday, Feb. 22
- Cabin Fever Extravaganza: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Frazee Event Center, 114 N. Lake St., Frazee. Over 30 booths at the craft and vendor show; lunch is available. A donation will be made to Hospice of the RRV. Basketball tournament, Art Crawl, Homemade sled contest, downhill sledding race and more. Info: Wendy, 218-849-0842 or Crystal, 218-234-4232.
- Third Crossing Sled Dog Rendezvous: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., one mile south of Frazee at the city lagoons off County Highway 10. Skijoring for one and two-dog teams, six-dog mid-distance and sprint classes, four-dog sport class and more. Free for spectators. Info: 218-847-1013.
- Native Harvest Slow Food Feast: 6 to 9 p.m., Historic Holmes Theatre, 826 Summit Ave., Detroit Lakes. Come in from the Cold...for the Native Harvest Slow Food Feast! Featuring an introduction by Executive Director Winona LaDuke and words from Nijii Radio Host Michael Dahl. Tickets $30 per person or $40 per couple. Info: 218-375-2600.
- Mike Holtz: 9 to 11 p.m., Holiday Inn Beach Bar, 1155 Highway 10 East, Detroit Lakes. Songwriters Night hosted by Mike Holtz. Info: 218-847-2121.