Healthy Lentil Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 c dried lentils
- Wash lentils well and drain
- Combine lentils, 2 cups water and bay leaf in medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook just below simmering for 30 minutes, until lentils are cooked but still firm. Cook gently so lentils do not fall apart. Drain and chill lentils until cool to touch.
- Combine red (or orange), green peppers, chopped onions in small bowl.
- In a seperate bowl: Combine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, green onion, all chopped peppers, thyme, marjoram, fresh cilantro, salt and pepper in mixing bowl, large enough to be able to add lentils. Now add the chilled lentils and mix gently.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or longer before serving.