Sloppy Giuseppe (Italian Sloppy Joe) sliders
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add sausage. Brown well, breaking up links with a wooden spoon.
- Add onion, vinegar, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes; stir until onion is tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add sauce; cook about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until liquid has almost evaporated. Remove from heat; stir in basil.
- Preheat broiler. Brush cut sides of roll tops lightly with oil. Arrange all roll slices, cut side up, on a large baking sheet.
- Using an ice cream scoop, pile equal amounts of sausage mixture onto roll bottoms; sprinkle lightly with Parmesan; top with mozzarella slice.
- Place briefly under broiler, until mozzarella is melted and roll tops are toasted. Arrange roll tops over melted mozzarella and serve.
Recipe courtesy of justapinch.com.