Weather Forecast


Ulen family displaced after attic fire

ULEN, Minn. - A Tuesday evening fire damaged the roof of a rural Clay County residence southwest of here.

Firefighters responded to the Joseph Kluver residence at 13857 250th St. N., around 7 p.m. after receiving a call from the residents, who had arrived home to discover a fire in their attic, said Ulen Assistant Chief Steve Wang.

Hitterdal fire crews assisted Ulen crews in extinguishing the fire, which is believed to have been caused by an electrical problem, Wang said.

The home also received smoke and water damage. A damage estimate will be determined later by insurance officials, Wang said.

The Salvation Army assisted the family following the fire, Wang said.