Weather Forecast


17-year-old found dead at 10,000 Lakes Festival died from an accidental prescription drug overdose

Ashley Marie McCoy

DETROIT LAKES - A 17-year-old girl who died at the 10,000 Lakes Festival near here this summer died from an accidental drug overdose, according to autopsy results released this morning.

Ashley Marie McCoy was found dead in a campground site at Soo Pass Ranch July 25.

The West Salem, Wis., girl died from an accidental overdose of Oxycodone she had been prescribed to alleviate pain from a recent surgery, according to a news release.

The autopsy also revealed a toxicity level of Methadone, the release said.

"There was absolutely no indication of foul play or trauma present," Becker County Sheriff Tim Gordon said in the release.

In July, Gordon said he did not expect charges to result from McCoy's death.