Weather Forecast


Fargo trailer house fire caused by candle

A candle left burning in a fireplace caused a small fire in a Fargo trailer house early this morning.

Fargo firefighters responded to the call at 4784 San Juan Drive at 4:53 a.m., said Capt. Randy Weiss.

A candle burning in the living room fireplace ignited wax that had built up in the fireplace. The mantel then caught on fire, Weiss said.

A dog woke up the family, and they then put out the fire. When firefighters arrived, they discovered a small fire in the ceiling and put it out with a fire extinguisher, Weiss said.

Crews spent about an hour on scene. No one was injured. Weiss said damage was est-mated at $2,500.