Casselton ethanol plant worker hospitalized after receiving electric shock
CASSELTON, N.D. - A Tharaldson Ethanol Plant worker was taken to a local hospital Tuesday after receiving an electric shock near here.
Authorities were called to the plant near Casselton, N.D., about 12:29 p.m. A private electrical company was doing some work when one of the employees grabbed a power line on the ground that had cracked by some means and was shocked with 480 volts for about five seconds, according to a news release.
The nearby foreman noticed what happened and shut off power to the line, the release said. The employee was taken to a local hospital and was conscious and alert. The individual's name and the company were not released pending notification of next of kin, the release said.