Weather Forecast


Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office releases name of man killed in Dalton house fire

DALTON - The man found dead when emergency responders battled a blaze early Thursday in rural Otter Tail County has been identified.

Michael Paul Jacobs, 28, died of carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of the fire, according to the Otter Tail County Sheriff's Office.

The sheriff released the victim's name in a news release issued Friday.

The Dalton and Fergus Falls fire departments were dispatched to the fire at 12:40 a.m. Thursday. The house was a total loss.

The sheriff's office and Minnesota State Fire Marshal's Office are investigating the incident.