Crime & accidents around Becker County
Monday, July 2
• At 8:55 a.m., a woman drove into a parking lot and hit another car on Crane Road in Ogema, Minnesota.
• At 10:02 a.m., a caller on Brandy Lake Road reported their relative who took their car to Fargo without permission.
Tuesday, July 3
• At 2:32 a.m., the complainant said he saw a male walking around at an odd hour and sped up his stride when he saw a police officer driving by. There were no arrests.
• At 8:46 a.m., a caller reported having received harassing texts from an individual.
• At 3:35 a.m., the complainant said they heard shots fired coming from a swamp in Park Rapids, Minnesota. Police did not locate a party in the search.
Wednesday, July 4
• At 7:06 a.m., a vehicle was stolen from the Walmart parking lot.
• At 11:12 p.m., there was a hit and run on Washington Avenue that resulted in a DWI arrest.
• At 1:33 a.m., a theft was reported in Callaway, Minnesota. The caller said that two boys were driving around the woods in a pickup stealing items.
• At 5:48 a.m., a caller reported that trees were on fire in Waubun, Minnesota.
• At 3:43 p.m., someone reported a hit and run on Melissa Drive in Detroit Lakes.
• At 11:08 p.m., a caller reported witnessing a red camaro run into another vehicle in the City Park.
Thursday, July 5
• At 12:13 a.m., a motor vehicle theft was reported. The vehicle was later recovered and the driver was arrested with a DWI.
• At 2:55 p.m., a caller reported that two straps had been stolen off their boat on Big Detroit.
Friday, July 6
• At 12:22 a.m., a caller reported a person standing in the middle of Washington Avenue near Highway 10. The suspicious man was ultimately arrested.
• At 11:58 a.m., a caller reported a party for attempted burglary at 614 Central Street West and damaging property in the process.
• At 11:57 p.m., a caller reported a slew of kids out after curfew on Davis Avenue. The kids were brought back to their parents on warning of curfew violation.
Saturday, July 7
• At 11:10 p.m., a motor vehicle accident involving three vehicles occurred at the intersection of Highway 10 and Highway 59 resulting in three reported possible injuries.
• At 4:59 p.m., a vehicle parked into another parked vehicle on Town Lake Beach in Frazee and there was minor damage.
• At 5:24 p.m., a tire on a vehicle that was driving on West Lake Drive fell off and hit another vehicle causing minor damage.
Sunday, July 8
• At 2:27 a.m., a caller reported someone standing outside of her home. The police came and cleared the perimeter, finding no one.
• At 9:31 a.m., a caller reported a male sleeping on a sidewalk near Highway 10. The man said he was resting after his car broke down. It was sunny with temperatures in the upper 70s. Police took him to Walmart and gave him some water.
• At 5:49 p.m., a black subaru was located on Little Long Lake Road in Menahga, Minnesota that appeared to have been in a rollover accident that was not reported. There was no blood or air bags deployed and they were unable to contact the owner of the vehicle.
Monday, July 9
• At 5:34 p.m., a motor vehicle theft was reported at 1265 Loring Avenue. The vehicle was later recovered and one person is in custody.
• At 9:54 p.m., a gas drive off was reported at 1129 Highway 10.
• At 10:41 a.m., a theft was reported at Walmart. The complainant said that the perpetrator replaced price codes on their items with cheaper price codes.
• At 11:20 a.m., a gas drive off was reported at 303 East Frazee Street.
• At 3:50 p.m., a caller reported having seen an attempted burglary on their surveillance cameras at their home. The suspicious person had been on their driveway and front porch on Holiday Beach Road in Lake Park.