Crime & Accidents
Wednesday, Nov. 26
- At 11:49 p.m. a Menahga man reported the theft of a black F-150 pickup truck from the 1600 block of 487th Ave., Frazee. It was found rolled over just south of there.
- At 4:54 p.m. a burglary ended in a domestic assault on the 100 block of Wisconsin Street in Callaway. The victim was taken to St. Mary's Innovis hospital.
Thursday, Nov. 27
- At 12:53 p.m. a chimney fire was reported on the 10000 block of 260th Avenue in Lakeview Township. The Detroit Lakes Fire Department was on the scene for about 30 minutes.
- At 9:04 p.m. reports were received of 10-15 shots fired from a residence on the 1600 block of Legion Avenue, Detroit Lakes. Residents there were having a shooting contest and offered to stop if more complaints were received.
Friday, Nov. 28
- At 9:15 a.m. a JVC car stereo was reported stolen from an unlocked car parked behind a house on the 300 block of Elizabeth in Detroit Lakes.
Saturday, Nov. 29
- At 5:48 p.m. a 17-year-old Callaway boy suffered minor injuries in a one-vehicle crash on Highway 10.
Rubin Cedrick Anderson was eastbound in a 1998 Ford Windstar when he veered left, went through the median across the westbound lanes of Highway 10, and ended up in a grove of trees between Highway 10 and the railroad tracks, across from the Minnesota State Patrol headquarters. The driver stated he fell asleep.
Monday, Dec. 1
- At 4:43 p.m. a woman reported the theft of seven gold rings with diamonds taken from a jewelry box in a residence on the 500 block of East Union Street in Detroit Lakes.
Wednesday, Dec. 3
- At 5:13 p.m. a Ponsford woman reported that a door had been kicked in at her residence. It was not immediately known if anything had been taken.
- At 5:31 p.m. a Park Rapids woman reported a burglary at a rural Menahga residence. A door was kicked in and a refrigerator taken.
Friday, Dec. 5
- At 3:36 a.m. an Osage man reported a chimney fire that was spreading to the house. Firefighters from Park Rapids and Carsonville were on the scene for about two hours.
- At 10:51 a.m. a Pine Point man reported the theft of liquid methadone from a locked box in his residence.
- At 1:16 p.m. a White Earth Village woman reported an assault the previous night at the Congregant Housing unit.
Saturday, Dec. 6
- At 12:06 a.m. an Ogema woman reported that she had been assaulted.
- At 1:26 p.m. a rural Menahga man reported a cabin break-in and the theft of a TV/DVD unit.
- At 6:53 p.m. a White Earth man reported the theft of a red 1990 Chevy Caprice.
Sunday, Dec. 7
- At 7:30 a.m. an Ogema man reported he had been assaulted in the east projects on White Earth by a man he knew.
Monday, Dec. 8
n Windows were found open on a house on the 500 block of Bowling Avenue. It was not known if anything had been taken.
n At 3:41 p.m. a Moorhead man reported that someone had recently cut down a young fir tree, apparently for use as a Christmas tree, on his property on the 27000 block of Sandra Kay Road.
Tuesday, Dec. 9
n At 2:08 a.m. a White Earth man was injured in a one-vehicle rollover on County Road 21. Jamie Lee Bevins, 34, was driving a Dodge Spirit when the accident occurred about 2 miles north of White Earth Village on the 38000 block of County Road 21. Ambulance crews from White Earth and St. Mary's responded and were on the scene for several hours, along with deputies and tribal police officers. A condition report was not immediately available.