Weather Forecast


Fire caused minor damages at Fireside Restaurant Saturday night

A chimney fire caused minor damage at the Fireside Restaurant late Saturday evening, but no one was injured and the restaurant wasopen for dinner Sunday.

The fire occurred in the charcoal grill about 11:30 p.m. and was quickly handled by the Detroit Lakes Fire Department.

The restaurant was closed for its usual Sunday brunch today in order to clean up, but opened Sunday for dinner as usual, according to restaurant manager Wade Heapy.