Weather Forecast


Blast burns Ulen man working on septic line

ULEN, Minn. – A 33-year-old Ulen man suffered burns in an explosion while working on a septic line here Thursday, Clay County Sheriff Bill Bergquist said.

Christopher Botzet was using a propane heater to try to thaw out the frozen septic line, Bergquist said.

When the heater quit, Botzet went to restart it and a buildup of propane gas ignited, creating a quick flashover that left Botzet with burns to his face, hands and abdomen, Bergquist said.

Botzet drove himself to the Ulen clinic and was transferred by ambulance to Essentia Health in Fargo, where he was treated for his burns and released, Bergquist said.

Forum News Service

The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, including the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin. In addition to breaking and enterprise news, we offer a wide variety of sports, features, business, agriculture, outdoors and opinion content. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.