Crime and Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, Oct. 4
- At 2:03 a.m. a man reported an assault at Kountry Manor mobile home park.
- At 4:39 a.m. a garage burglary was reported in Detroit Lakes.
- At 10:57 a.m. a burglary and vandalism was reported at the Episcopal Church in Pine Point.
- At 1:13 p.m. child maltreatment was reported in Lakeview Township.
- At 1:18 p.m. a garage burglary was reported on the 300 block of Oak Street. Three Bridgestone tires were taken.
- At 2:08 p.m. child maltreatment was reported in Walworth Township.
- At 2:16 p.m. a break-in was reported at a storage building on the 500 block of South Shore Drive.
- At 2:25 p.m. theft from a motor vehicle was reported on the 600 block of Riverwood Drive. Two DeWalt drills were taken. Both had “whips” attacked for mixing concrete. The theft occurred overnight.
- At 2:25 p.m. child maltreatment was reported in the Strawberry Lake area in Maple Grove Township.
- At 2:29 p.m. child maltreatment was reported in Lake Park.
- At 3:45 p.m. police received a report that someone had tried to break into a hangar at the airport recently. Extra police patrols were requested.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- At 1:08 a.m. an assault was reported at apartments on the 1000 block of McKinley Avenue.
- At 12:47 p.m. a theft was reported at Country Inn and Suites.
- At 8:44 p.m. an employee at the Boys and Girls Club Thrift Store reported the theft of two large black suitcases from her vehicle.
- At 11:30 p.m. the theft of a case of beer was reported from a car in Audubon.
Monday, Oct. 7
- At 8 a.m. a White Earth Ambulance was transporting a man down Richwood Road when he jumped out north of Big Floyd Lake and ran into a swampy area. The man, who wasn’t identified, got stuck in waist-deep muck and had to be rescued by sheriff’s office investigators Dan Skoog and Luke Sweere, who turned him over to medical personnel, according to KDLM radio.
- At 8:58 p.m. the theft of items was reported at Flyaway Resort on Height of Land Lake. The perpetrator was seen leaving in a pickup truck loaded with stolen goods.
- At 7:58 a.m. a motorist reported that while driving on Eight Street near Roosevelt Avenue, something hit and shattered the rear window.