Crime & Accident Report
The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff’s Office.
Friday, Aug. 22
- At 9:54 a.m. officers were called to the 29,000 block of county highway 48 in Osage Township where the windows of a family-owned property were broken out.
- At 9:43 p.m. a call came in from the Walmart parking lot in Detroit Lakes where somebody reported seeing a vehicle pulling out of its parking space before sideswiping another vehicle and leaving.
- At 9:57 p.m. officers were called to the parking lot of Country Kitchen in Detroit Lakes where a wallet was reportedly stolen out of an unlocked vehicle.
Saturday, Aug. 23
- At 9:26 a.m. officers responded to the 2200 block of Highway 10 where a TV was reportedly stolen out of an RV.
- At 10:05 a.m. a theft of a lawn ornament was reported from the 32000 block of 205th street.
- At 4:36 p.m. a burglary was called in from a residence along the 800 block of Whitetail Lane where six hand guns were reportedly stolen.
- At 10:25 p.m. officers were called to the 38000 block of County Road 56 in Erie Township when a vehicle there struck a 350-pound cow. The driver was not injured.
- At 11:09 p.m. a theft from a car was reported from the 500 block of East Main where somebody in the process of moving had two computers, a laptop and two guns stolen from the vehicle he was loading up.
Sunday, Aug. 24
- At 12 p.m. officers received a call from the 17000 block of Otto Zeck Road in Erie Township where somebody was claiming their neighbor was cutting down one of the caller’s trees.
- At 5:33 p.m. officers were called to the north side of Highway 10 in Lake Park where somebody driving a jeep had reportedly done damage to their neighbor’s driveway and ditch area.
Monday, Aug. 25
- At 9:36 a.m. there was a theft reported from the 300 block of 11th avenue in Detroit Lakes where an Xbox, controllers and games were missing from the residence.
- At 3:22 p.m. officers responded to the 100 block of Washington Avenue for a theft. Reported stolen was a black leather motorcycle jacket, a motocross helmet and a jar of change. Some items were later located at a local pawn shop; charges in the case are pending.
- At 4:25 p.m. a theft was reported from Lakes Liquor in Detroit Lakes where two bottles of brandy were stolen.
- At 6:22 a.m. a pig on the loose was reported in the Hidden Hills addition in Burlington Township. It was last seen on Woodland Drive.
- At 6:38 a.m. officers were called to an accident on Highway 113 east of Waubun, where a vehicle struck a black bear. The occupant of the vehicle was not injured; the bear was killed.
Tuesday, Aug. 26
- At 3 p.m. officers were called to the Forest Hills addition on 185th street where less than 55 gallons of wastewater was spilled. At 4:34 p.m. the Lake Park Fire Department responded to a fire in the woods along County Road 7 north of 260th street in Cuba Township. Crews were on the scene for 35 minutes.
- At 5:22 a.m. a theft from a garage in Maple Grove Township was reported. The garage in the 2300 block of 340th street was broken into, but it is unknown exactly what was taken.
Wednesday, Aug. 27
- At 2:12 p.m. a necklace was reported stolen from a residence on the 800 block of Central Street East in Detroit Lakes.
- At 3:05 p.m. a burglary was reported at a residence on Welcome Avenue in Lakeview Township. Taken were tools, a helmet and pictures, among other items.
- At 6:26 p.m. a break-in was reported at a storage unit at Security Storage on Highway 10 East. Taken were 30 DVDs and six Blu-ray discs.
- At 8:04 p.m. a burglary and the theft of a TV set was reported at a residence in the Kountry Manor mobile home park.
Thursday, Aug. 28
- At about 3:50 p.m. two break-ins were reported involving units at Security Storage on Highway 10 East. The owners of the property stored there were making lists of missing items.