Death in family puts Sobieski meetings on hold temporarily
Because of the unexpected death of a close family member, David Sobieski, the DFL candidate in the State House 2B race, has partially rescheduled a series of public appearances.
The Detroit Lakes meeting will now be held at 5 p.m. on May 2 at La Barista in the Washington Square Mall.
The Bagley meeting will now be held at 6:30 p.m. May 5 at the D&R Café.
The Waubun meeting will now be held at 6:30 p.m. May 6 at Pappy’s Café & Pizzeria, in the back room.
The Other meetings will continue as originally scheduled:
- Mahnomen – Friday, April 26, at Red Apple Café (backroom), 6:30 p.m.
- Lake Park – Monday, April 28, at Lake Park Café, 6:30 p.m.
- Frazee – Tuesday, April 29, at Hostel Hornet, 6:30 p.m.
- Menahga – Thursday, May 1, at Cottage House Café, 5 p.m.
- Park Rapids – Saturday, May 3, at Bella Cafe, 10 a.m.
- Nevis – Saturday, May 3, at North Wind Grocery & Café, 5 p.m.
Sobieski was endorsed by the DFL on March 15 and will run in the Nov. 4 general election against Republican-endorsed incumbent Steve Green.
Sobieski and his wife Amy own Canvaswork Inc. in New York Mills and have two sons.