Two boys injured in Hibbing house fire die from injuries: Death toll reaches four, another child treated for minor injuries
HIBBING, Minn. — Two boys injured in a Hibbing house fire Tuesday, Dec. 26, have died from injuries suffered in the blaze.
The Hibbing Fire Department reported on Wednesday that Isaiah Anteus Adams, 3, and Todd Jacob Gillitzer Jr., 9, died as a result of the fire. The boys' grandparents, Steven Jon Gillitzer, 67, and Patricia Lynn Gillitzer, 63, couldn't be revived after being rescued by firefighters.
A third child, Jonathan Steven Gillitzer, 8, was found by firefighters outside the home and was treated for minor injuries at Fairview Range Medical Center in Hibbing, according to the fire department.
A Gofundme memorial page has been set up in honor of Todd Jacob Gillitzer Jr., of Benson, Minn.
The boys' parents are identified on the fundraising page as Jahanna and Tom Wrobleski of Benson and Todd Gillitzer.
According to the Hibbing Fire Department news release issued Tuesday, the department was called to the house fire around 1:37 a.m. Tuesday at 212 42nd St. E. in Hibbing. When firefighters arrived, they found one juvenile outside. Within four minutes of arriving on the scene, the firefighters were able to get the four other victims out of the home. The release said all four were pulseless and not breathing when removed from the house.
The two children were resuscitated by fire crews and then transported to the Fairview Range Medical Center in Hibbing, and then airlifted to a trauma center. The two adults did not survive the fire, the release said.
As of 1 p.m. Wednesday, 189 people have donated a total of $13,600 to the Jacob's Memorial Fund Gofundme page, which had a goal of $10,000 when it was started Tuesday. The page says the money raised will be used to help ease the financial burden the family is now facing.
The link for the page is https://www.gofundme.com/jacobsfunds. Donations can also be made at the Co-op Credit Union in Benson.