Weather Forecast


Space heater causes Frazee house fire

FRAZEE, Minn. – Blankets too close to a space heater started a house fire here Saturday night.

Fire crews from Perham, Vergas and Frazee responded to a house fire around 10:30 p.m at 51249 428th Ave. here. Saturday, after a resident awoke to find blankets near an infrared space heater had burst into flames, according to a press release from the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office. The resident was able to exit the home safely.

Crews extinguished the blaze, but the home sustained heavy fire damage in the lower level and smoke damage throughout. There was no evidence of foul play, the release said.