Weather Forecast


Last-minute advice about election day

Have you voted yet? There's still time. Polls throughout Becker County will remain open until 8 p.m. tonight.

Here is some last-minute voting information:

--Minnesotans may find their polling places at

In Becker County, you may call the auditor's office at 846-7311 to find your polling place.

--AT&T and Politics-360 offer a Web site to get voting information anywhere in the country at

Those wishing to vote are required by state law to be registered.

You can check on your voter registration status at the Minnesota Office of the Secretary of State web site: Click on the Elections/Voting tab click on "Am I registered to vote?" in the box under Voter Information.

Who is eligible to vote?

To be eligible to vote, a person must:

--Be at least 18 years old on election day.

--Be a citizen of the United States.

--Have resided in Minnesota for 20 days immediately preceding election day.

--Maintain a residence at the address given on the registration form.

--Not under court-ordered guardianship in which the court order revokes the right to vote.

--Not found by a court to be legally incompetent to vote.

--Have the right to vote because, if convicted of a felony, the felony sentence has expired (been completed) or have been discharged from their sentence.

Registering on election day

If you are not registered to vote or need to update your registration information, you may do so at your local polling location on Election Day.

However, you are required to provide proof of residence when registering on Election Day.

To register at your polling place, you must have one of the following with your current name and address in the precinct to verify your residence:

--A valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, Minnesota ID card, or receipt for any of these.

--A valid student ID card including your photo, if your college has provided a student housing list to election officials.

--A Tribal ID card that contains your picture and signature.

--A valid registration in the same precinct under a different name or address.

--A notice of late registration sent to you by your county auditor or city clerk.

--A voter registered in the same precinct as you who can confirm your address with a signed oath.

--An employee of the residential facility where you live who can confirm your address with a signed oath.

Alternatively, you may provide both 1) a photo ID from the list below and 2) a current bill with your current name and address in the precinct.

Acceptable photo IDs: Minnesota driver's license; Minnesota ID card; U.S. passport, U.S. military ID card; tribal ID card; or a Minnesota university, college or technical college ID card.

Additional information can be found at the Minnesota Secretary of State website at