Hunting opportunities for youth
Youth can hunt with adult mentors during several organized youth hunting opportunities coming up this fall.
Application forms and more information can be found at www.mndnr.gov/discover, or by calling the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Information Center, 651-296-6157.
Youth waterfowl hunt
- For ages 12 to 15.
- Orientation is Friday, Sept. 12, hunt is Saturday, Sept. 13.
- Hunts near Twin Cities metro, Detroit Lakes, Morris, Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge near Princeton, Sherburn near Windom, and Fergus Falls.
- Apply by Monday, Aug. 11.
Youth deer hunts
- Ages 12 to 15 in 15 firearms hunts, ages 12 to 17 in two archery hunts.
- Hunts and orientations held on various dates in October and November.
- Locations at specific wildlife refuges and state parks throughout the state.
- Apply by Friday, Aug. 15.
Youth and family upland bird hunt
- For ages 12 to 17, and family members who want to hunt together.
- Hunts and orientations are Saturday, Oct. 18.
- Locations throughout Minnesota.
- Apply by Tuesday, Sept. 2.