Tennis wins at Minnewaska, falls to Perham
Junior Sam Spry picked up his first varsity victory and sealed a 4-3 win over Minnewaska Tuesday, May 15 in boys tennis action.
“We were down a couple starters,” head coach Zach Biggar said. “I was impressed with the boys that stepped into the varsity lineup and they played well.”
The match was tied 3-3 with only Spry and Sam Peters on court at No. 4 singles to decide the dual.
“Sam played a great, patient match which secured the win for the team,” said Biggar.
Spry won the match in straight sets four and two and was the lone singles victory for the Lakers.
DL swept all three doubles matches.
Gabe Hanninen and Trey Seebold defeated Calvin Hoffmann and Nathan Gallagher 6-1, 6-4.
Tanner Doppler and Jen Richards beat Zack Evans and Cade Fier 6-1, 6-2.
Jacob Hanson and Caden Smith were victors over Ethan Quelle and Ben Larson 6-1, 6-3.
Thursday’s rematch with Perham was bumped to Wednesday and the Yellowjackets continued their strong play defeating the Lakers 6-1 in DL.
Connor Froke had the only Laker win defeating Jordan Muench 6-0, 7-6 at three-singles.
Perham had straight set victories in five of six matches.
Jens Richards and Jake Hanson took Anthony Reese and Landon Stevens to a deciding third falling 6-3, 2-6, 6-10.
DL wraps up regular season action at Alexandria Friday, May 18.
DL 4, Minnewaska 3
1. Carter LaMont (M) over Pedro Lacasa (DL) 6-4, 6-0
2. Tate Reichmann (M) over Austin Baker (DL) 6-0, 6-0
3. Evan Palmer (M) over Garrett Knopf (DL) 6-0, 6-4
4. Sam Spry (DL) over Sam Peters (M) 6-4, 6-2
1. Gabe Hanninen/Trey Seebold (DL) over Calvin Hoffmann/Nathan Gallagher (M) 6-1, 6-4
2. Tanner Doppler/ Jen Richards (DL) over Zack Evans/Cade Fier (M) 6-1, 6-2
3. Jacob Hanson/Caden Smith (DL) over Ethan Quelle/Ben Larson (M) 6-1, 6-3
Perham 6, DL 1
1. Carter Cresap (P) over Austin Baker (DL) 6-0, 6-2
2. Ben Winkels (P) over Garrett Knopf (DL) 6-1, 6-0
3. Conner Froke (DL) over Jordan Muench (P) 6-0, 7-6
4. Elijah Schmidt (P) over Isaac Eggebraaten (DL) 7-6, 7-6
1. Gunnar Anderson/Ryan Murphy (P) over Pedro Lacasa/Gabe Hanninen (DL) 7-6, 6-2
2. Josh Peterson/Drew Birkeland (P) over Tanner Doppler/Trey Seebold (DL) 6-1, 6-0
3. Anthony Reese/Landon Stevens (P) over Jens Richards/Jake Hanson (DL) 3-6, 6-2, 10-6