Forum News Service
The Forum Communications News Service is the premier news wire service covering the Upper Midwest, including the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin. In addition to breaking and enterprise news, we offer a wide variety of sports, features, business, agriculture, outdoors and opinion content. For more information about the services we offer or to discuss content subscriptions, please contact us.
- Member for
- 5 years 6 months
ST. PAUL—A Pelican Rapids doctor, who also practiced in Fargo, has pleaded guilty to writing fraudulent prescriptions for his own use. Dr. Blair Nelson, 43, obtained at least 1,730 hydrocodone,...
PIPESTONE, Minn. -- Three people died in a plane crash Monday night in Pipestone County in southwest Minnesota. According to the Pipestone County Sheriff's Office, responders found the small fixed-wing...
ST. PAUL - A lockdown has been lifted at the Minnesota State Capitol in St. Paul after a construction worker found two packages in a stairwell that looked suspicious Monday...
PEQUOT LAKES, Minn. – A Pequot Lakes landlord has been charged with burglary and firearm assault after allegedly trying to evict one of his tenants at gunpoint Monday. According to a criminal complaint, the tenant told police he had lived at the place he rented from John Cosgrove, 55, on Forest Knolls Road in Crow Wing County for three months, paying $300 rent per month. The tenant, identified only as S.N., said he had gotten into an argument with Cosgrove's nephew about a camper parked at the residence.
Mille Lacs Lake is nearing its limit for walleye fishing, The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources announced Tuesday. A creel survey conducted last week on estimated walleye harvests, releases and kill on Mille Lacs Lake during the first two weeks of July showed drastic increases that could result in the state reaching the limit by July 29, the DNR said in a release. Despite the ongoing challenges with the walleye population, other fishing on the lake remains strong and near record highs.
The agenda must be dumb and dumber for the folks at the National Republican Congressional Committee if the best they can do is go after 7th District Congressman Collin Peterson,...
ST. PAUL -- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton has named seven new members to the Governor’s Task Force on Broadband, which is working to expand high-speed Internet in the state. The...
ST. PAUL – Minnesota employers, health plans and individuals spent $1.9 billion in 2012 for health care that potentially could have been prevented. So says the state's Department of Health in a first-in-the-nation analysis released today on visits to emergency rooms and hospital admissions and readmissions.
ALEXANDRIA, Minn. – A 29-year-old man, who terrorized the Alexandria community while committing a string of armed robberies and sexual assaults 16 months ago, has been sentenced to more than 21 years in prison and officials pledged to keep an eye on him the rest of his life. Michael Warren of Alexandria, dressed in green inmate garb and wearing handcuffs, received the sentence from Judge Ann Carrott in Douglas County District Court on Wednesday. Carrott told Warren that his crime spree not only hurt five victims and three businesses but also had a palpable impact on the community.