CROOKSTON, Minn. — A husband and wife were found dead in their home just east of Crookston in northwest Minnesota from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning that also sickened two of their three daughters. Natalie Ostgaard, 51, and Kent Ostgaard, 49, were found dead in their home after their youngest daughter, Gabi, 17, called 911 at 7:49 a.m., Monday, to report apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, said Polk County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Jim Tadman. Their daughter Aryanna Ostgaard, 22, was found in the house unresponsive but breathing.
A high school sophomore testified Tuesday in a Grand Forks felony trial that his stepmother hit him with a broom last May, leaving welts on his head and red marks on his shoulders. He said she wrongly believed his stepsister’s story that he refused to clean his room as ordered. The boy was 14 and attended Red River High School when the incident happened May 19 in their south Grand Forks home. He’s now 15 and living with a foster family in another town and doesn’t want to live again with his father and stepmother, who now live in East Grand Forks, the boy testified. His stepmother,