Following is a list of the latest COVID-19-related closures and cancellations. If an event or entity is not listed here, do not assume that it is available as usual. Call ahead to be sure that it's still happening.
If you have an upcoming event, temporary closing or cancellation to report, know of an event that is missing, or spot a mistake, email email@example.com.
Memorial Day, May 25, events
- There will be no Avenue of Flags display at Detroit Lakes' Oak Grove Cemetery during Memorial Day weekend this year. Small flags will still be placed at the graves of deceased veterans. A small program will also be held at Veterans Memorial Park in Detroit Lakes on Memorial Day.
- Audubon's Memorial Day program is canceled.
- Detroit Lakes' Memorial Day parade is canceled. A smaller program is planned May 25 at Veterans Memorial Park downtown.
- The Perham VFW and Auxiliary Post 4020 will not have events for Memorial Day.
- The Perham Masonic Lodge has canceled its Memorial Day Belgian Waffle Breakfast.
- Dent American Legion has canceled all Memorial Day Services and has postponed the raffle until 2021.
Arts, entertainment and culture
- The 152nd Annual White Earth Reservation Celebration and Powwow, June 12-14, has been postponed. A final decision on a new date, or cancellation of this year's event, will come in June. whiteearth.com or www.facebook.com/WhiteEarthNation.
- Randy Houser's May 22 concert at Shooting Star Casino has been rescheduled for Dec. 18. www.starcasino.com or 800-453-7827.
Outdoors, sports, recreation and environment
- All trails, fishing and hunting accesses are open at Tamarac National Wildlife Refuge, though the Visitor Center remains closed. Visit the Refuge's Facebook page for updates.
- All University of Minnesota Extension programs and activities are on hold until June 30. Becker County Master Gardeners will answer plant, pest and gardening questions at 218-846-7328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lamoureaux Hockey Summer Camps, June 8-July 2 at Kent Freeman Arena in Detroit Lakes, have been rescheduled for July 13-23. lhdetroitlakes.com, Randi@lhdetroitlakes.com, 561-307-0270.
- The Sixth Annual Antique & Classic Boat Show, June 27, and 14th Annual Quake the Lake Powerboat Races, June 27-28 in Detroit Lakes, are postponed, and may be canceled for 2020.
Events and meetings
- Detroit Lakes High School's graduation ceremony is scheduled for 2:30 p.m. Sunday, June 28; details are still being finalized.
- The Hawley American Heroes PRCA Rodeo, June 5-6 at the rodeo grounds in Hawley, is canceled. The 20th annual Breakfast on the Farm event set for May 30 in Hawley is also canceled.
- The Dent Community Club's City-Wide Sale (May 14) and the 2020 Dent Daze events (July 9) are canceled.
- The 20th Annual Street Faire at the Lakes, May 29-30, is postponed until Aug. 21-22. dlstreetfaire.com.
- The 2020 Sisters & Whiskers fundraiser for the Humane Society of the Lakes, which was to take place in June at Seven Sisters Spirits, is canceled.
- 2020 Turtle Races have been canceled fro June 3 through August 26.
- The Veterans Invitational Golf Classic, June 26 at Forest Hills golf course in Detroit Lakes, is canceled.
- The United Way of Becker County's Celebration of Heroes, May 13 at the Holmes Theatre, is postponed indefinitely, though organizers still plan to hold it this year. 218-847-0727, www.uwbcmn.org.
- Perham Area Chamber of Commerce's 2020 Chamber Golf Scramble has been postponed from May 22 to Aug. 21.
As a public service, we have opened this article to everyone regardless of subscription status.