Ulen theater will pay tribute to Patsy Cline with its Sept. 19 show
On Saturday, Sept. 19, Ulen's Top Hat Theatre will launch its 11th season with a 7:30 p.m. show featuring "A Tribute to Patsy Cline with Colleen Raye."...
On Saturday, Sept. 19, Ulen’s Top Hat Theatre will launch its 11th season with a 7:30 p.m. show featuring “A Tribute to Patsy Cline with Colleen Raye.”
Season tickets are now on sale at the Ulen-Hitterdal School office, Northwestern Bank in Ulen, and State Bank of Lake Park in Hitterdal at only $65 for all eight season productions. Family tickets (two adults and two students) are also available at $140. You can also reserve tickets by telephone, 218-596-8853, or by email to email@example.com .
Season brochures are available at all sales location and online at www.ulenhitterdal.k12.mn.us or call 218-596-8853 to have one mailed to you.
All shows will also have individual concert tickets for sale at $15 for adults and $10 for students.
The individual show tickets are available only at the school office, by telephone and email or online at www.brownpapertickets.com . Tickets will also be for sale at the door, unless a concert sells out.
Colleen Raye brings audiences along on a journey through Patsy Cline’s life and music. With the help of a four-piece piece country music band, Colleen sings song after song recorded by Patsy Cline while interspersing tidbits about the legendary singer’s life and music.
Although Patsy Cline’s life was somewhat tragic, Ms. Raye presents her story with a light-hearted air, natural charisma and a sense of humor.
Singing hits like “Crazy,” “Walkin’ After Midnight,” and “She’s Got You,” Raye’s rich alto voice truly captures the soulful feeling of Cline. As she picks up the pace with rockabilly tunes, the audience is invited to sing and clap along, and even yodel!
Other upcoming shows in Top Hat’s 2015-16 theater season are as follows:
- Internationally known folk-pop band Rogue Valley will be at Top Hat on Oct. 10. The group, originally from the Twin Cities, has released four albums and one vinyl LP since 2010. Most recently, Rogue Valley’s song “The Wolves and the Ravens” was featured in the feature film, “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.”
- Minnesota State University Moorhead’s own Fuego Tropical will perform on Nov. 7, with special guests trumpeter Tom Strait and Latin percussionist Ruben Alvarez.
- Popular singer-songwriter Keri Noble will perform the theatre’s holiday show on Dec. 5. “A Very Special Christmas” will feature an assortment of songs from Noble’s holiday album entitled “More Than Santa,” as well as a mix of holiday classics.
- Steve Russell will bring his sidesplitting juggling act to Ulen on Jan. 9. Russell’s performance can be best described as a variety show featuring both comedy and magic.
- A cappella group The Cat’s Pajamas will perform on Feb. 6. The group blends classic songs in a modern and unique style, complete with both lyrics and the sound of an entire band. The group has performed on television shows America’s Got Talent, The Sing-Off, and The Next Great American Band.
- Paula Lammers and Reeves Cary will be on stage March 19. Their show, entitled “I Could Write a Book: Music and Lyrics from American Songwriting Teams,” will include music from a variety of decades.
- Finally, Audio Body will return to close out the season on May 14. Their act is described as a synthesis of music, comedy, and technology. The group has toured all over the U.S. andabroad, and appeared on such television shows as America’s Got Talent, Inside Edition, and David Letterman.