The following items were taken from reports at the Detroit Lakes Police Department and Becker County Sheriff's Department.
Friday, July 15
- At 12:59 p.m. a theft from a boat was reported on Eagle Lake Road.
- At 1:09 p.m. a Moorhead man reported a break-in at a pole shed on Pickerel Lake Road in Erie Township.
- At 1:55 p.m., a theft from a boat was reported on Eagle Lake Road.
- At 2:15 p.m. a Detroit Lakes man reported the theft of a Bosch rotary hammer drill plus bits and chiseler with a total value of about $1,000, taken from his truck sometime over the past week.
- At 1:38 p.m. the emergency room at Essentia St. Mary's requested officer assistance with an unruly patient, who calmed down after officer arrived and talked to her.
Saturday, July 16
- At 12:44 p.m. a Detroit Lakes woman on the 400 block of Andrews Avenue reported vandalism to her 2006 Toyota Corolla. The trunk, fender and all four doors were scratched and the gasoline door lock was pried open, with sugar apparently put into the gas tank. The vehicle owners had recently reported problems with tenants at the apartment complex they manage.
- At 12:40 a.m. a man on the 300 block of Langford reported a water pump had been stolen out of the back yard.
- At 8:56 a.m. a woman at the American Legion Campground reported the theft of a club cab golf cart sometime overnight.
- At 1:12 p.m. vandalism was reported at the Lake Park city swimming pool.
- At 3:20 p.m. a report was received of a passenger in a car shooting road signs on County Road 141 (off County Road 34) with a paintball gun. A deputy pulled over the vehicle and confiscated the paintball gun.
- At 4:12 p.m. a woman on the 700 block of Main Avenue reported her 8-year-old son was missing. He was out with a 12-year-old boy and the two didn't return on time. A family member found them selling lemonade door to door on the 1200 block of Madison Avenue, and police transported them to family members.
- At 5:07 p.m. a Frazee woman reported a possible sexual assault.
- At 8:09 p.m. a rollover accident was reported linked to an assault. The accident occurred on 335th Avenue. The assault was reported by K&K Tubing.
- At 8:53 p.m. a man on the 300 block of Elizabeth Street reported possible arson. A sock was found stuffed into the gas tank of Polaris Indy 500 snowmobile. It had been lit on fire, and caused minimal damage to the seat and gas cap and tank. There are no suspects.
Sunday, July 17
- At 1:48 a.m. a Ponsford woman reported an assault by a known man in Pine Point. A man was also stabbed in the incident. Two ambulances were requested and Life Flight was called. Tribal police are handling the case.
- At 12:27 p.m. an Ogema woman reported smoke in the house and said the furnace was hot to the touch. White Earth firefighters responded to the scene.
- At 12:35 p.m. the theft of three rod-and reel sets and two remotes for a trolling motor was reported from a boat on Eagle Lake Road.
- At 1:26 p.m. the theft of a 40-inch TV set and several video game systems and games was reported by a woman on County Road 6. There is a suspect in the case.
- At 4:27 p.m. city officers assisted deputies with the arrest of a 27-year-old man on charges of domestic assault after information was received from the Essentia St. Mary's intensive care unit. The man was taken to jail without incident.
Monday, July 18
- At 12:10 p.m. the theft of stereo speakers was reported from a mobile home in White Earth.
- At 1:22 p.m. a report was received of a deer heading southbound from Central Market. It was one of several sightings of a fawn in town.
- At 7 p.m. a motor home fire was reported on the 15000 block of Blackhawk Road, Lake Eunice Township. No injuries were reported. Audubon firefighters were on the scene about 30 minutes.
Tuesday, July 19
- At 5:56 a.m. a fire was reported on the 6500 block of West Avenue in Detroit Lakes. Firefighters were on the scene for about 25 minutes.
- At 2:17 p.m. a Little Falls man reported a break-in to a hunting cabin in Osage Township. Taken were a microwave oven, small freezer, an older set of pheasant cups and plates and other items.