The Minnesota Department of Transportation has expanded the no travel advisory in west central Minnesota. Motorists are advised not to travel on the following state and federal highways due to dangerous driving conditions:
- Interstate 94 from Moorhead to Fergus Falls
- Highway 10 from Moorhead to Hawley
- Highway 336 from I-94 to Highway 10
- Highway 75 from Perley to Moorhead
- Highway 75 from Moorhead to Breckenridge
- Highway 9 from Barnesville to Breckenridge
- Highway 210, from Fergus Falls to Breckenridge
The Minnesota Department of Transportation shares these safety trips if motorists need to travel during these winter weather conditions:
- Call 511 or visit 511mn.org before leaving on your trip to get current road conditions.
- Turn on your headlights and wear your seat belt.
- Turn off your cruise control.
- Slow down; allow at least 10 car lengths between your vehicle and a plow.
- Stay behind the snowplow. The road behind a snowplow is safer to drive on.
- Watch for snowplows that turn or exit frequently, and often with little warning.
- Never drive into a snow cloud.