The following reports were compiled from the Becker County Sheriff’s Office and Detroit Lakes Police Department from an official with knowledge of the cases, unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, April 13
- 6:32 a.m., near Highway 10 and Acorn Lake, Frazee, single-vehicle rollover accident. No injuries reported.
- 7:41 a.m., near County Road 6 and Long Lake Road, Detroit Lakes, a vehicle hit a tree.
- 7:41 a.m., 38000 block County Road 35, Waubun, vehicle in roadway ditch. Car was reported stolen. Driver abandoned vehicle.
- 12:51 p.m., 40000 block Ladoux Road, Ponsford, unemployment claim fraud.
- 5:59 p.m., 100 block Second Street, Audubon, binder of baseball cards stolen.
- 9:32 p.m., 400 block Kolb Avenue, Ogema, vehicle damaged while parked.
Wednesday, April 14
- 10:03 a.m., 27000 block County Road 156, Osage, unemployment claim fraud.
- 12:20 p.m., 25000 block 260th Street, Callaway, office burglarized. Personal information and documents stolen.
- 1:37 p.m., near Frazee Street and McKinley Avenue, Detroit Lakes, two-vehicle accident.
- 3:40 p.m., 900 block Audubon Street, Lake Park, unemployment claim fraud.
- 4:57 p.m., 1400 Apex Court, Detroit Lakes, apartment burglarized. Nothing reported missing.
- 6:26 p.m., near County Road 129 and County Road 26, Ponsford, carjacking. Three people jumped the caller and stole their pickup truck. Vehicle stolen was a white 2009 Dodge Ram. Caller believed the assailants were going to Detroit Lakes.
- 7:24 p.m., 200 block Park Street, Detroit Lakes, phone scam.
- 9:02 p.m., 500 block Davis Avenue, Detroit Lakes, phone scam involving federal grants. No personal information was given to the scammer.
- 9:07 p.m., 30000 block Highway 34, Detroit Lakes, vehicle struck a bear. Bear was severely injured and dispatched by law enforcement.